E 13: Bari Tessler
“Do You Look Money
In The Eye?”
It’s said that you should never talk about Politics or Religion. Well I would also add money to that list, money is the leading cause of stress, and fights in marriages according to a CNBC article. Your upbringing, culture, life experience, social status, and even race all play a part in our individual comfort level when it comes to earning, spending, saving, giving and talking about money. So to bring a little levity and love to the topic I invited my friend and Author, Financial Therapist and Coach Bari Tessler to my podcast to talk about her new book “The Art Of Money” In this episode you will learn how to bring creativity to our relationship with money.
Bari Tessler Linden, MA, is a Financial Therapist, Mentor Coach and Mama-preneur. Bari’s gentle, body-centered approach weaves together personal, couple, and creative entrepreneurial money teachings into one complete tapestry. She is the founder of The Art of Money: a global, year-long money school, which integrates Money Healing, Money Practices and Money Maps. Her work has been featured on Oprah.com, Inc.com, and the Huffington Post and in US News & World Report, Reuters Money, The Fiscal Times, Experience Life Magazine, Yogi Times, Best Self Magazine and Emerging Women. Bari is also the author of The Art of Money: A Life-Changing Guide to Financial Happiness, published by Parallax Press.
Bari has been featured on
Share this Episode
Some questions I asked:
- How did what your parents do for a living shape what you’re doing today?
- How are emotions, connected to money?
- Our do our personal and historical stories about money affect us?
- Why transforming our relationship to money takes time?
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- Why she wanted to be a solid gold dancer
- The connection between dance therapy and money
- The moment she started facing her own money issues
- Using dance as a way to express yourself
- The emotional story of money
- Radical honesty about money
- Emotions, spreadsheets and money
- Money, relationships and communication
- Money-dates, sexy points and negotiation
- Why we need forgiveness and money
- How to use a bathroom break to do a body check-in
- Reframing fear/excitement for success