E 14: Helen Tremethick
Have you ever read something and felt like it was speaking directly to you? Or have you visited a website that was co compelling it made you want to buy that product or service?
This week we bring creativity to life with Helen Tremethick. She craft’s your authentic brand voice, which leads to more sales for you.
About Helen: Online communication isn’t about magic formulas or some secret stuffed into a fill-in-the-blanks template. It’s a careful balance of truth and nuance. People choose you, just as my clients choose me. And because I think backstory is important, here’s a little more about me:
I built The Communications Distillery with a proprietary blend of background in communications and my experience in the non-profit sector. I’m that person who has held every imaginable position from volunteer to Executive Director, and facilitated everything from visioning and strategic planning sessions to Board Development days. Though I’ve amassed years of formal education, my pride is in my Compassionate Listening certificate, a skill I believe is integral to communications of any kind.
Outside of The Communications Distillery, I am a mother, a storyteller, and a Camp Tech instructor. I believe in integrity. I like biting cherries right off the tree. My favourite chocolate is very dark and fairly traded. I have a huge soft spot for people doing good work. Maybe that’s you. If so, let’s talk next steps!
Share this Episode
Some questions I asked:
- What is the first thing you remember writing?
- How did your parents career impacted what you do today?
- How do the inputs of your life shape you?
- How important is communicating through metaphors in your line of work?
- Do you remember your first job?
- What’s your process with clients?
- Have you always done this?
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- There book she made for her sister at 7
- The creative aspects of math and science
- What needs to happen before people buy, click, or download
- Your brand and it’s connection to your voice, strategy and clarity
- What is the #1 thing that stops projects
- Why great copy converts online
- Your extra money budget (haha)
- How do you get your brand message down to 7 words or less
- The #1 mistake people make when they start a business