E 009: Stuart Knight
“What Happens When You Say No.”Stuart Knight
Stuart Knight is an award-winning entrepreneur, critically acclaimed author, and hit producer. He has written, produced and starred in live presentations that have been seen by over one million people and each year speaks internationally helping some of the world’s biggest companies reach new levels of success.
When he is not on the road speaking, you may have seen or heard him on some of Canada’s biggest TV and Radio stations where he is often asked for his expert opinion on high-level communication. He is the author of two profound books, You Should Have Asked – The Art of Powerful Conversation and The Madness of My Mind. He is also the founder of one Canada’s biggest speaking extravaganzas called The Top Ten Event, which has garnered over twenty million media impressions.
Share this Episode
Some questions I asked:
- Why is it called a hotdog?
- How did you learn to say no?
- Why it’s harder to do a 15-min talk than it is to do a 60-min talk?
- How do you translate your value so you can charge more?
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- Learn about meeting old high school friends
- Having deep conversations over beer
- The art and power of saying no
- What happens when you say no
- The one questions he gets asked every week, and how he responds
- How he stands up for himself and his self-worth
- Unfriending people on social media
- Stuarts view’s on why the internet should be limited to 1hr a day
- What it really takes to do a talk and why we charge
- What makes one talk worth more than another
- What Stuart refuses to do at Starbucks
- Why models bug him